Thursday 24 February 2011

one week

Mangandang Araw... its exactly 1 week and counting until we're on a plane heading to South East Asia. The excited, nervous, unprepared feeling is starting to really sink in. It's hard to believe 2 months has gone by just like that. We've finally reached the part of this whole thing which we looked forward to in the first place and the ironic thing is I don't feel like leaving! It's gonna be tough going from 11 fellow trekkers to 3...

Yesterday we got a chance to hang out at Steve K's place and wow... it is quite the house. Not even kidding, between the acre of hazelnut trees and a trail in the backyard leading down a ravine to the Fraser river it's hard not to admire. Anyways, after spending some time in the book of Mark, we started some trail maintenance, reinforcing the trails and laying down tires and mulch. I may have also nearly taken a tumble to my death, but thank goodness for a bouncy butt! Here are some pics, just cause i'm THAT impressed...










Welp here we go...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo, I'm sad that I didn't get to be at church last Sunday to meet your team but I am glad that you have bonded so well and I can't even imagine how much you have learned during your time of training. I'm looking forward to keeping updated with your trip through this blog! May you and your team be blessed and also bless others abundantly during your time in the Philippines. You will be in my prayers frequently and when you become tired and start to miss home, please remember to not grow weary, learn to depend on Him even more and know that there are literally teams of people praying for you and thinking of you back at home!

    Love in Christ,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mo,

    Thanks for posting this blog. Can't wait to see your next update from Asia.

    I'm super excited about seeing your team this Thursday. It was unfortunate, I had to do an exam on Sunday, but I'm sure I will get to see them this week. I'm sure you'll face many uncertainties and trials there, but I believe that's when the people will get to see God's mighty powers. I pray God will do great things in response to you and your teams faithfulness.

    We will continue to support you in prayer.

    God bless,

    Jotaro

    ReplyDelete